In a perfect world, white shoes wouldn’t get dirty!
These ‘style rockstars’ that have inevitably become a fashion staple are here to stay. And they really deserve the throne in your closet! If only they wouldn’t need cleaning that often…
Hopefully, the solution is in your cabinet! Household products can keep your white shoes bright white and make the cleaning task less painful for you. Try these tips step-by-step and keep your favourite canvas and leather pairs as pristine as the day you bought them.
How to Clean White Canvas Shoes
It’s effortless to get the dirt out of your white canvas shoes. You just have to use baking soda and white vinegar.
- Mix a cup of warm water with a tablespoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Dip a clean toothbrush or a cloth into the paste and scrub away the filth on your shoes.
- Brush off any remaining paste.
- Let your shoes dry.
How to Clean White Leather Shoes
Leather doesn’t absorb as much water as fabrics; therefore, it is one of the easier materials to clean. You need some paper towels, white eraser sponges, cotton rags (you can use an old t-shirt) and a bar of white soap.
- You first have to catch the surface dirt with a paper towel. Use it to gently wipe out the outside of your shoes and remove big pieces of dirt.
- Then, use a damp white eraser to clean the stains from your soles.
- Wet your cotton cloth and lather it up with the soap.
- Massage the upper of each shoe in a gentle motion until it cleans.
- Don’t forget to wipe any soap.
- Let your shoes dry for 10 minutes.
- If your shoes are very dirty, you may need to repeat this process.